What is anaphylaxis?

What is anaphylaxis?

Anaphylaxis or allergic shock can be life threatening and it is an allergic reaction that can affect a number of our organs at the same time. Anaphylaxis is usually caused by foods, medications and venom/poison such as a bee sting. Airborne allergens rarely cause anaphylaxis.

The most typical symptoms are – hives (urticaria), nasal congestion, runny nose, itchy eyes, swelling of the tongue and or throat which leads to difficulty breathing, abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, low blood pressure which leads to light-headedness, passing out or shock.

Anaphylactic shock is serious and is a life threatening condition

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.