23 Jul How can I get rid of household allergens?
There are 7 allergens that may be hiding in your home!
- Dust – replace carpets with linoleum or wood. Vacuum regularly.
- Dust mites – wash all bedding in hot water every 7-10 days.
- Pet dander – bath pets regularly, use an air filter and use allergen resistant bedding.
- Pollen – shower or bath before going to bed. Avoid going outside on dry, windy days. Keep windows and doors closed.
- Cockroaches – keep food in sealed containers. Don’t leave pet food out too long. Clean behind areas like your stove and fridge.
- Mould – remove house plants. Clean shower curtains, bathroom windows and other areas prone to dry rot.
- Endotoxins – these originate from bacteria that can live in dust. Avoid by taking the same precautions as for dust and moulds.